Why choose Diminished Value of GA to appraise your vehicle?
Below are the top reasons you should hire Diminished Value of Georgia to appraise your car
- We are Licensed Motor Vehicle Damage Appraisers
- We are Licensed Auto Appraisers
- We are Licensed Independent Adjusters
- We are Accredited with the Better Business Bureau
- We have a physical location you can visit and are not a fly-by-night company
- We are Members of SEMA
- We are Members of I-Can
- We Adhere to a strict code of ethics
- We are Members of the Association of Online Appraisers
- We are Locally involved with the Chamber of commerce
- We have ASE Certified technicians on staff
- We have 30 years of combined auto experience
- We offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee. Details
- We boast a 100% Customer Satisfaction. Read Our Testimonials
Before hiring an auto appraiser, make sure you check the following:
- Are they blacklisted by insurance carriers for being fraudulent or incompetent?
- Ask about their appraisal method, are they using a percentage based formula? if so, find someone else.
- Are they licensed (do they have a licensed appraiser on staff ? if so, ask for a copy of their license)?
- Do they have a published Pricing schedule? Or will they change their rates based on your claim.
- Do they offer an instant appraisal for a low fee? If yes, it’s an online scam. You need a real person to look over your claim and that cannot happen instantly!
- Do they offer a physical inspection? If not, their report may be useless.
- Their BBB Score and number of complaints failed against them?
- Did they change their company name to escape previous complaints?
- Do they have the necessary experience to be credible in a court of law?
- Will they appear in a court of law as your expert witness?
- Have they been to court and won? Or did the judge throw them out for being incompetent?
- Do they comply with USPAP reporting standards?
- Do they have a valid business license?
- Are they working from their basement? Are t hey full time appraisers? Do they have an office?
- Do they belong to a professional appraisal association?
- Will they give you your money back if your claim is denied?
- Do they have real life Automotive Experience?
- Will they negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf? (1st party claims)
- Will they charge you more than $275 to handle your claim from A to Z?
Beware of Online-Only Auto Appraisers:
In our experience, there are three types of online appraisers you should avoid. The first, and for a low fee, will provide you with an instant online appraisal that is useless and based on a formula. The Second will charge you a inflated appraisal fee and will provide you with an unrealistic and erroneous report that you cannot, in good faith, utilize to negotiate. The third type is an appraiser that will charge you a percentage or a contingency fee to give you an appraisal.
These companies spend thousands of dollars in online advertising and pray on people’s lack of knowledge.
To avoid getting caught in a scam, always use bona-fide licensed appraiser. If you can’t grab the phone and directly talk to the appraiser, you don’t need to be hiring them!
Appraisal Bumping is the process of which an appraiser artificially increases or decreases an item’s appraisal value for the client to hire them. Appraisers advertising their services usually offer free estimates, these estimates are then modified to meet the client’s expectations. Appraisal bumping is illegal under USPAP which calls for an unbiased and independent appraiser.
If an appraiser’s opinion sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Claimants presenting inflated or exaggerated appraisals are often considered dealing in bad faith by the insurance company. Don’t get stuck with an erroneous report.
Never hire an appraiser that will charge you a contingency fee or take a percentage of your claim, that’s ILLEGAL.
Never hire an appraiser that will NOT offer a money back guarantee.
We are local, professional and independent. We use current market data collected from auto auctions and we conduct a full market analysis, our appraiser is also a licensed auto auctioneer with deep auto industry knowledge.