As of Jan 1, 2017
As an accredited A+ member of the Better Business Bureau, our company follows strict customer satisfaction guidelines.
APPRAISAL SERVICES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE – EXCLUSIONS
- You don’t receive our appraisal report within 7 business days of payment
- The appraisal you receive from us varies by more than 10% from the estimate or claim review we provided you prior to hiring us
- The appraisal is for the wrong vehicle
REFUNDS ARE NOT OFFERED IF:
- Your vehicle had prior accidents or damage undisclosed to us
- Your claim goes to trial and you request our expert testimony
- You’re an attorney representing a client
- You were reimbursed for the appraisal cost by the carrier
- You signed a release of liability before hiring us and this was not disclosed to us
- Your settlement is less than our appraisal amount
- You did not follow the demand letter instructions or follow up suggestions
- You don’t send the appraisal to the insurer
- You edit or modify our appraisal in any way
- You cancel an inspection request without giving us 72 hours to place the assignment with an inspector
NOTE: We will issue refunds on a case by case basis.
If you paid us a separate fee to negotiate and settle your claim, your money will be refunded if a settlement is not reached within 30 days of payment.
The federal government recognizes diminished value and allows for an itemized deduction for uncompensated losses.
Use IRS form 4684*. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4684.pdf
*Please consult with your CPA as DVGA does not offer legal or tax advice. We are not attorneys or accountants but auto appraisers, we do not offer legal or tax advice.