As of Jan, 1, 2017.
As an accredited A+ member of the Better Business Bureau, our company follows strict customer satisfaction guidelines.
Before we offer our appraisal solutions to you, we make s ure you have a solid claim by offering you a free diminished value estimate.
Once you pay for an appraisal, we will offer you a full refund if:
- You don’t receive our report within 7 business days
- The appraisal you receive from us is more than 10% different than the estimate
- Were given a written money back guarantee from us
We cannot refund your transaction if:
- Your vehicle had prior accidents or damage undisclosed to us
- Your claim goes to trial and you request our expert testimony.
- You’re an attorney representing a client
- You were reimbursed you for the appraisal cost by the carrier
- You signed a release of liability before hiring us and this was not disclosed to us
You can still use our appraisal for tax purposes even if we issue a full refund.
The federal government recognizes diminished value and allows for an itemized deduction for uncompensated losses.
Use IRS form 4684*. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4684.pdf
*Please consult with your CPA as DVGA does not offer legal or tax advice. We are not attorneys or accountants but auto appraisers, we do not offer legal or tax advice.