As of Jan, 1, 2017.
As an accredited A+ member of the Better Business Bureau, our company follows strict customer satisfaction guidelines.
All services are non-refundable unless:
- You don’t receive our appraisal report within 7 business days of payment
- The appraisal you receive from us varies by more than 10% than the estimate or claim review
- Separate arrangements were made between us
We cannot refund your transaction if:
- Your vehicle had prior accidents or damage undisclosed to us
- Your claim goes to trial and you request our expert testimony
- You’re an attorney representing a client
- You were reimbursed for the appraisal cost by the carrier
- You signed a release of liability before hiring us and this was not disclosed to us
- Your settlement is less than our appraisal amount
If you paid us a separate fee to negotiate and settle your claim, your money will be refunded if a settlement is not reached within 30 days of payment.
You can still use our appraisal for tax purposes even if we issue a full refund.
The federal government recognizes diminished value and allows for an itemized deduction for uncompensated losses.
Use IRS form 4684*. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4684.pdf
*Please consult with your CPA as DVGA does not offer legal or tax advice. We are not attorneys or accountants but auto appraisers, we do not offer legal or tax advice.