Washington Insurance Commissioner Complaint
Washington Insurance Commissioner Complaint Information
Washington Insurance Department
Washington Insurance Department answers hundreds of insurance questions every day. If you’re not sure if we can help you, call our toll-free Insurance Consumer Hotline at 800-562-6900.
Paper Complaint Form
• Send your complaint to the insurance company and require them to provide an explanation for
• Send your complaint to the Washington Healthplanfinder and ask them to resolve your concerns.
• Review the company’s response to make sure they followed Washington state laws and your
• Tell the company to fix the problem if they didn’t follow the laws or your policy.
• Try to find patterns of problems that may need further reviewing.
• Try to help fix your insurance problem or help you and the company communicate with one
• Help you understand your insurance policy.
• Recommend places you can go for help if we don’t have the legal right to resolve it.
• Act as your lawyer, give you legal advice or be your claims adjuster.
• Make medical judgments or determine if further treatment is necessary.
• Make liability decisions or determine who is at fault.
• Establish the facts surrounding a claim (for example: who is being truthful when there are
differing accounts of what happened, or he said/she said situations).
• Determine the cause of loss, value of a claim, the amount owed to you, or act as your adjuster.
• Address issues we can’t legally enforce.
• Require the Washington Healthplanfinder to comply with state insurance laws as it’s not an
insurance company regulated by our office.
• Tell a company to pay a claim, refund a premium, or reinstate or issue a policy (if they followed
the law and your policy).