Market Strength, particularly for smaller car segments.
- Compact Cars (+0.52%),
- Entry-Level Cars (+0.45%) and
- Entry Mid-Size Cars (+0.15%)
These increases help keep overall car segments stable and relatively unchanged.
The car segment with the largest decline comes from the Prestige Luxury Cars, with -0.64% for the week.
- For the sixth consecutive week, volume-weighted car values continued to increase, though by a smaller amount than last week.
- Overall, the volume-weighted truck values were fairly stable as well, increasing by +0.11% from last week.
- All car segments except the luxury and premium car segments went up in value.
- Luxury SUVs dropped in value while Full-Size Pickups and Full-Size SUVs continued to show an increase.
- We expect the market to start to soften in the coming months as supply starts to exceed demand.